Saturday, April 25, 2009

Can you help me with my web hosting problem?

I registered for an account on www.netfast.org (free web hosting). They organize your files with an FTP like system. I uploaded what I wanted to be my home page, but whenever you type in the address to my site (www.mpracingteam.netfast.org), it brings up the "index of /" page. How can I make it so that the file I uploaded (home.htm) is the page visitors see when they type in the basic URL? Also, how can I make it so that they can't access my FTP? Thanks!
Can you help me with my web hosting problem?
usually, web sites have a default page


named "default.htm" or "index.htm" which


gets returned if a page isn't specified in the url.


For your page to come up as it stands now,


someone would have to type


www.mpracingteam.netfast.org/home.htm.


The easiest thing for you to do would be to rename the


home.htm page to index.html.





For the second part of your question, somewhere in your


control panel should be something which says "deny directory listing" or something like that.


That has to be enabled for anyone to be blocked from viewing your directory.
Can you help me with my web hosting problem?
by default, i guess your hosting server is set to reading the homepage as index.html. you could change your home.htm to index.html
Reply:Rename the file to the Apache default name "index.htm"


No comments:

Post a Comment