Monday, August 3, 2009

Web hosting provider's SMTP ???

What do I need to do to set a SMTP on a PHP based comment form ???





I've got the form ready along with all the necessary field validation and everything.





Since I want to receive e-mail after someone presses "Submit" button, I would have to make some changes in "php.ini" file but I wonder in order to do so, would it make more sense if instead of using "localhost", I use the SMTP provided by some web host company (such as godaddy.com), something I could only get AFTER I sign myself up with them.
Web hosting provider's SMTP ???
the problem is that you want to send an email to another server right? your page is on a server and must have it's own email serving program (daemon) running. I wondered this too and ended up installing sendmail on my linux box.





btw, if you didnt get that far, mail() is the php function you want to use.

floral shops

No comments:

Post a Comment